1) SHOWER, SHAVE AND EXFOLIATE BEFORE EACH SESSION TO REMOVE DRY, FLAKY SKIN. Remove dead, dry skin cells that will prevent the absorption of DHA bronzers into fresh healthy skin cells. This allows the spray to absorb deeply into the skin and oxidize to a brilliant golden brown color.
2) WAX/NAIL APPOINTMENTS should all be done at least 24 hours before getting sprayed.
3) DO NOT APPLY MOISTURIZER, MAKE UP, OR PERFUME prior to your session. Use deodorant sparingly if needed.
4) WEAR DARK, LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING and remove jewelry. Tight clothes can rub off or smear the bronzers.
5) PRE-SPRAY: pH Balance spray with DHA enhancers may be applied by the customer or technician before your session. This product provides your skin with light hydration; pH balancers insure a darker, more natural looking color. It also helps to eliminate the “orange effect” in both dark and fair skinned individuals. (Provided)
6) PROTECTION: Use Barrier Cream to prevent solution from coloring your lips, palms, nails, cuticles and feet. For covering eyes, we suggest WINK-EASE. (Provided)
1) AVOID SWEATING! after your spray tanning session. Avoid activities that may cause you to sweat excessively to avoid streaking. Use the air conditioning in your car on a hot day. Remember you have just been tinted with a water-soluble solution.
2) AVOID WATER! You must avoid water entirely for 6-8 hours or you will stop the tanning action of the DHA and/or cause streaking. If it's raining bring an umbrella and cover up.
3) AVOID SWIMMING POOLS& SPAS! Avoid chemically treated swimming pools and spas to prevent premature color fading. If you must, make sure you rinse after.
4) WAIT TO SHOWER! We suggest waiting 24 hours before showering or bathing. Avoid using soaps high pH – they will strip and fade your tan rapidly. Proper cleansing insures even fading and a longer lasting, sunless tan. The cosmetic bronzer will wash off – as it is designed to do. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
5) TAN EXTEND/MOISTURIZE/REFRESH: Use Amber Sun Hydrating Shower Gel. This gel will help keep your tan healthy and skin moisturized while adding a refreshing glow each day to your color. It will also help your color fade gradually and evenly. For an extravagant daily moisturizing ritual, try Amber Sun Pro-Long Moisturizer. This moisturizer has a light DHA bronzer to extend the look of sunless spray tans. It will also help maintain your skin's health and color.
6) BETWEEN SESSIONS: For additional color and touch ups, we suggest the use of 4 Faces Touch Up Spray AND Amber Sun Sunless Spray or Amber Sun Lotion. Both give immediate sunless tanning for the face and body in a streak free formula. This will pro-long time between spray tan appointments and prevent fading in heavily exfoliated areas such as face and legs.